Edgewater, MD - Homes for Sale and Community Information
The upscale neighborhood of Poplar Point is an exclusive community of landscaped luxury homes with 21 waterfront homes and 30 non-waterfront homes that share a private marina with deep water boat slips on the protected waters of Church Creek.
Other popular communities include: Beverly Beach, Selby on the Bay, Turkey Point, Loch Haven, South River Colony, and Gingerville.
Other Edgewater highlights:
Historic Londontown & Gardens
- SERC – Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
- Camp Letts, Camp Wabanna
- Main bodies of water include the South River, Rhode River and Chesapeake Bay. There are numerous bays, lakes & creeks including Glebe Bay, Selby Bay, and Ramsey Lake
- Mary Ann’s favorite restaurant picks: Old Stein Inn, Yellowfin, Coconut Joes, Fisherman’s Tavern, Ledo’s Pizza
- South River High School
- Summit School
- South River Colony –An award winning local community located six miles from historic Annapolis and only 35 miles from Washington, DC. South River Colony is a 1,400 acre community comprised of 900 luxurious townhomes, spacious single-family homes and condominiums for those 55-or-better, as well as prime shopping, a variety of dining options, professional & medical offices and more.
South River Colony enjoys approximately 300 acres of wooded preserves with gorgeous walking trails and two beautiful pools, tennis courts and playgrounds. South River Colony residents are within walking distance of an 18-hole privately-owned golf course, the local Edgewater public library, the Edgewater community senior center, local police station and post office, and more. www.southrivercolony.org
Gingerville: Gingerville Manor Estates and Gingerville Woods communities are located conveniently off of Route 2 in Edgewater Maryland, north of the South River bridge. The community prides itself in the wide streets, abundance of trees and a community pool. www.Gingerville.org
The town was first settled in the colonial days and built a thriving economy based on trading and fishing the Chesapeake Bay’s rich waters. After World War II, it became part of the growing suburban region, functioning as a popular commuter town for Annapolis, Baltimore and other nearby cities. Today it is known for its exceptional quality of life and wealth of outdoor activities, making it one of the most acclaimed places to live in Anne Arundel County.
Edgewater: A Charming Town with Beachfront Access
Homes and real estate for sale in Edgewater offer strong value. A home in Edgewater is among the most desirable places to live in the state of Maryland. Home buyers looking in Edgewater should call Coldwell Banker agent Mary Ann Elliott at 410-991-4000 today. Mary Ann has a line on the best deals, and can help you find the home of your dreams in Edgewater.
My Home Tracker
- Save your favorite homes
- Get new property alerts
- Share with friends and family
Home ValuesFind and compare local neighborhood home values